There are plans to build an Ethanol Plant beside the Second Marsh Wildlife Area. This provincially-significant wetland is a wonderful place to visit. The location of the plant is directly adjacent to the marsh; the worst possible location, really. The history of ethanol plants in Ontario is not very reassuring. In addition, this project is heavily opposed at the local level. Oshawa city council has made numerous objections in the past but FarmTech, the company that hopes to build this massive plant, keeps coming back with a fixation on this location.
The Oshawa council is still mounting opposition by preparing a petition to send to the Fedeal Government. Please sign this petition or research the issue further. Thanks
Link to petition: http://www.oshawa.ca/cit_hall/harbour-petition.asp
Friends of Second Marsh ( if you wish to visit or learn more ) : http://secondmarsh.science.uoit.ca/
Things I am Thinking About Right Now...
- 1. Finally Updated; A busy ( and not-so-birdy fall ) fall
- 2. A smew in Ontario ??? And I got to see it !
- 3. Thinking about summer vacation...
- 4. And Sping trips too !
- 5. Quite a few Winter rarities around. May try to add a few more to the list
- 6. Still no snow on the ground...
- 7. Project FeederWatch is going strong. Two eports submitted...
- 8. I think I have convinced my wife to visit Cape May next summer !
- 9. The Elephant Pepper Development Trust ( Check out their site ! )
- 10. Tying to decide how to spend my remaining gift certificates !