Things I am Thinking About Right Now...

  • 1. Finally Updated; A busy ( and not-so-birdy fall ) fall
  • 2. A smew in Ontario ??? And I got to see it !
  • 3. Thinking about summer vacation...
  • 4. And Sping trips too !
  • 5. Quite a few Winter rarities around. May try to add a few more to the list
  • 6. Still no snow on the ground...
  • 7. Project FeederWatch is going strong. Two eports submitted...
  • 8. I think I have convinced my wife to visit Cape May next summer !
  • 9. The Elephant Pepper Development Trust ( Check out their site ! )
  • 10. Tying to decide how to spend my remaining gift certificates !

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Barred Owl - Hall's Road, Whitby

A few pictures of the Barred Owl on Hall's Road
Barred Owls may be one of my favourite birds; although, to be fair, I have many candidates on that list. Still, there is something about a Barred Owl. It must be those dark, bead-like eyes; the looks have a hint of curiosity. By comparison, the glare of other owls comes off as angry and contemptible ( I'm looking at you Northern Saw-whet ). 
Hall's Road usually gets at least one barred owl hanging around for the winter. I have no idea if it's the same bird returning year after year or new birds sweeping in but they quickly become the divas of the winter marsh. Of course, it's easy to let your feathers down when you are fawned over by the hordes of owl paparazzi that descend on Hall's Road every afternoon and weekend. Anyways, I got in on the act with a few glamour shots...


Definitely your best side...
I stand corrected... Flaunt it !

Of course, I brought the kids ( and their grandmother ) out for a walk too. THE SON and THE DAUGHTER were both excited to see the owl at such close range. THE SON definitely got a good look at it this time !!!! And, as tthe perfect ending to the day, my son burst into a fit when we had to leave. He must really love owls...


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Kids Faves

My Favourite Books ( Right Now... )